Monday 2 July 2007

Somedays, I'd Like to Shoot.....

The internet and everyone who uses it...

But that would be suicide and so I shan't.

Internet forums sometimes drive me wild. Everyone has taken this 'free speech' and 'right to an opinion' WAY too far.

By all means, we all have the right to formulate an opinion (even if some of us just steal others), but since when did 'I have the right to have an opinion' == 'I have the right to force my opinion on others and be deeply fucking offensive about it at the same time'...

Oh yes, let me see.... never.

People suffer from a bizarre condition when they get behind their keyboards, it happens when they get in their car's too... road rage/internet rage.

When you are stuck in your little tin box on wheels you are at 'home' its your space, your environment, and you feel cosy and safe there.
And you feel like you are invincible.... so you undertake and you cut people up, cos hey... who cares, they cant GET you....

And on the internet, well you can say the things you'd never say to someones face, you are safe in your room, behind your keyboard. You can, in the blink of a hoobie eye, send foul offensive hurtful messages to any one of the unsuspecting public and there you are..... internet bully!

When someone says 'oi, thats out of order'... you hide behind 'I have the right to form an opinion'... and sure, go ahead, form as many as you like.

Nobody gave you the right to be a nasty bastard though!

Still, in the long run when folk go around forming half assed opinions, and voicing them in offensive ways, the other important point about 'opinions' becomes interesting...

You can have as many opinions as you like, but as long as you show yourself to be a complete cnut, your opinion holds no value for me!

No comments: